Calling all runners! The 2018 running event season is ramping up and Team WIOFA wants you to join the fun! Whether you are new to running or working on a marathon PR, Team WIOFA provides amazing benefits and the opportunity to fundraise for a great cause! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and get involved!
“Being a part of the WIOFA team for the Chicago Marathon was such a great experience because I was able to achieve a life-long dream while giving back to an amazing charity! Since WIOFA is affiliated with Advocate hospital I was also fortunate to qualify for a free Chicago Area Runners Association membership. The people I met through CARA gave me the support that I needed to make it to the finish line.” – Team WIOFA member, Emma M.
2018 Shamrock Shuffle
March 25, 2018
- More information coming soon!
2018 Chicago Marathon
- Fundraising goal: $1,000 per runner
- Waived entry fee of $195 domestic/$220 international to the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Comprehensive 18-week training plan, running schedule and weekly updates
- Your choice of marathon training provided by Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) or virtual training for participants who live outside of Illinois **
- Weekend group long runs provided at 11 training locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Mid-week runs at a variety of locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Complimentary speed workouts, to increase your running speed, offered three times per week
- CARA membership that includes reduced fees at over 100 Chicagoland races and a one-year subscription to Runner’s World magazine
- Charity running team dri-fit running shirt
- “Support crew” item for friends/family
- A customizable personal fundraising webpage and tips on how to raise funds
- Race day team tent with gear check, food, drinks and more
- Prizes for reaching various fundraising goals
- Participants raising $1,000 or more will become a member of Advocate’s Presidents Society