Calling all runners! The 2019 running event season is ramping up and Team WIOFA wants you to join the fun! Whether you are new to running or working on a marathon PR, Team WIOFA provides amazing benefits and the opportunity to fundraise for a great cause! Email email@example.com to learn more and get involved!
“Being a part of the WIOFA team for the Chicago Marathon was such a great experience because I was able to achieve a life-long dream while giving back to an amazing charity! Since WIOFA is affiliated with Advocate hospital I was also fortunate to qualify for a free Chicago Area Runners Association membership. The people I met through CARA gave me the support that I needed to make it to the finish line.” – Team WIOFA member, Emma M.
2019 Shamrock Shuffle
March 24, 2019
- More information coming soon. If you’re interested in signing up, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Chicago Marathon
Email us at email@example.com to sign up!
WIOFA’s marathon team is run through Advocate Health Care and all money raised will directly support the Teen Hematology and Oncology support groups at Advocate Children’s Hospital. Advocate greatly values its charity running team members. The fundraising minimum to participate in the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon charity running team is set by Bank of America and is determined on the drawing of the lottery.
Fundrasing minimum requirements are as follows: *
- $1,250 if you register before the lottery drawing (before 2 pm on November 27, 2018)
- $1,750 if you register post lottery drawing (after 2:01 pm on November 27, 2018)
- $1,250 if you gained entry through the lottery, are a legacy runner, or time qualifier ($195 fundraising credit will be applied)
As recognition of your hard work, all participants will receive:
- Waived entry fee of $195 domestic/$220 international to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Comprehensive 18-week training plan, running schedule and weekly updates
- Your choice of marathon training provided by Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) or virtual training for participants who live outside of Illinois **
- Weekend group long runs provided at 11 training locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Mid-week runs at a variety of locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Complimentary speed workouts, to increase your running speed, offered three times per week
- CARA membership that includes reduced fees at over 100 Chicagoland races and a one-year subscription to Runner’s World magazine
- Charity running team dri-fit running shirt
- A customizable personal fundraising webpage and tips on how to raise funds
- Race day team tent with gear check, food, drinks and more
- Prizes for reaching various fundraising goals
- Participants raising $1,000 or more will become a member of Advocate’s Presidents Society
- Advocate employees participating in Healthe You will recieve 200 points on the completion of the race and fundraising requirements
* Fundraising minimum deadline is September 19, 2019
** A minimum of $300 fundraised is required before receiving CARA membership.