The 2021 running season is ramping up and Team WIOFA wants you to join the fun! Whether you are new to running or working on a marathon PR, Team WIOFA provides amazing benefits and the opportunity to fundraise for a great cause! Email Jamie@wiofa.org to learn more and get involved!
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Email Jamie@wiofa.org to sign up!
WIOFA’s marathon team is run through Advocate Aurora Health and all money raised will directly support the Teen Hematology and Oncology support groups at Advocate Children’s Hospital. Advocate greatly values its charity running team members. The fundraising minimum to participate in the 2021 Bank of America Chicago Marathon charity running team is set by Bank of America and is determined on the drawing of the lottery.
As a special incentive for 2021 only, the fundraising minimum for all WIOFA runners will be lowered to $1,250.
As recognition of your hard work, all participants will receive:
- Waived entry fee to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon ($205 value)
- Comprehensive 18-week training plan, running schedule and weekly updates
- Your choice of marathon training provided by Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) or virtual training for participants who live outside of Illinois **
- Weekend group long runs provided at 11 training locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Mid-week runs at a variety of locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Complimentary speed workouts, to increase your running speed, offered three times per week
- CARA membership that includes reduced fees at over 100 Chicagoland races and a one-year subscription to Runner’s World magazine
- Charity running team dri-fit running shirts from WIOFA and Advocate Aurora Health
- A customizable personal fundraising webpage and tips on how to raise funds
- Race day team tent with gear check, food, drinks and more
- Prizes for reaching various fundraising goals
* Fundraising minimum deadline is September 17, 2021
** A minimum of $300 fundraised is required before receiving CARA membership.
Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K
Team WIOFA has opted out of the 2021 Shamrock Shuffle due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and local restrictions on large public gatherings. We will Shuffle again in 2022!